HP OfficeJet 4650 Offline
It is a typical HP OfficeJet 4650 Offline problem when the Windows computer does not recognize the presence of the printer. Every time you give a print command, the operating system throws out an error prompt stating that the device is offline. Though, at the same time, the printer device’s control panel displays a stable connection. At this point the IP address on the printer would stay stable as well.
Some Fixes for Persistent Offline Errors
- Try using the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool to resolve the issue
- Alternatively, reinstalling the drivers should relieve the error
- But if none of the above help, then assigning a static IP Address manually can alleviate the situation
DHCP or Dynamic Host Configuration Protocols are extremely convenient. In this mechanism, the server assigns an IP address automatically to the internet-connected device. But when it comes to wired or wireless printers, to avoid conflicts on the wireless networks, the device should essentially possess a static IP address. Also, this should be outside of the router’s DHCP range. Once the least time expires, printers are incapable of automatically interrupting the router for a new DHCP Address. This is because they are classified as external devices and therefore require manual static IP address assignments.
Update the computer under ‘Printer Properties/Ports’ after having set the static IP address. This way, the Standard TCP/IP Port will display the new static IP Address for the printer.
Changing to Static IP Address on Linksys
- Check the router manual to set a static IP outside the router’s DHCP range
- On the Linksys wireless routers the default DHCP IP range is 192.168.1.100 up to 192.168.1.149
- The addresses should not finish in 255, 0 or 1
- For printers then you must use addresses within the range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99 or 192.168.1.150 to 192.168.1.254
- So open the ‘Network Setup’ and assign IP address configuration for the printer as IP Address – 192.168.1.2, Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
- Now, the printer will still retain the static IP address even if the Linksys router is restarted
- Check to see if the HP OfficeJet 4650 Offline error is resolved by trying to print. But before that ensure that you have set the standard TCP/IP port to reflect the printer’s IP address.
Setting a Standard TCP/IP Port
As mentioned earlier, it is crucial to update the computer under the ports to display the new IP address for the printer device.
- Select ‘Start’ and then go to ‘Devices and Printers’
- Right click on the HP Printer icon and click on ‘Printer Properties’
- Then do as follows:
- Add Port -> Standard TCP/IP Port -> New Port
- The ‘Add Port Wizard’ will provide you certain prompts, which you can follow to complete the settings
- Next, input the Static IP address you just set from the above information under ‘Printer Name or IP Address’
- You may or may not copy the IP Address under ‘Port Name’; alternatively, you can place the printer model
- Click on ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’ to close the wizard
Note: Make sure that you have created a TCP/IP Port otherwise, the connection to the port will be lost and the HP OfficeJet 4650 Offline error will occur again.
If you want more assistance, contact our team through the toll-free number +1-866-270-3810 or visit https://www.123-hp-com-envy4510.com/